Burmese Recipe: Gin Thoke
This wonderful Burmese ginger salad tastes just delicious. The ginger Lemon Juice mixed with the garlic and shallot fried oil gives you a very tasty dressing. You can use Napa or green Cabbage. Both ends in a unique tasting salad.
- 2-3 tbsp Ginger finely cut and soaked in 1/4 cup Lemon Juice for at least 12 hours
- 4 cups Napa or green Cabbage finely shredded
- a few Cherry Tomatoes cut
- 2 Shallots cut into rings
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic finely sliced
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (roasted)
- 3 tbsp Peanuts chopped and roasted
- 1 tbsp Chickpea Flour (roasted)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Soak the Ginger in the Lemon Juice for 12 hours
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil on a low flame and fry the Garlic until they are slightly brown and put them aside
- In the same Oil fry the Shallots until they are brown and put also aside.
- Mix the flavored Oil with Lemon Juice and Ginger.
- Mix all the Ingredients and let it rest for 30 minutes
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 17. January 2016