Chinese Recipe: Rou Mo Qiezi
This is a delicious Chinese Eggplant Recipe with Hoisin Sauce and Minced Soy. It is quick and easy to make and is best served with some Rice.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 2-3 cups Eggplant cut (300g)
- 1/4 cup Soya Granules (tvp) + 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp green Onion chopped
- Rice Wine (Shaoxing)
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Broth or Water (alt. with Umami)
- 1/2 tsp Starch + 2 tbsp Water
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Mix 1/4 cup Soya Granules with 1/4 cup Water
Mix 1 tbsp Rice Wine, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1/2 tsp Sugar and 4 tbsp Water or Broth.
Mix 1/2 tsp Starch and 2 tbsp Water.
And put all 3 aside
- Heat 4 tbsp Oil and fry the Eggplant for 3 minutes on a medium to high flame.
- Move the Eggplant a bit aside and fry Garlic and Ginger for 30 seconds.
- Add Soya Granules, mix well and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add Hoisin Sauce and the Rice Wine – Soy Sauce Mix, mix very well and stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Add green Onions and the Starch-mix, mix very well and turn off the heat. Stir the Starch-Water mixture again before adding.
Author: The International Vegan