Greek Recipe: Fasolada
A very easy and delicious Greek stew with white beans, carrots and Celery.
Preperation: 60 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
Total: 100 minutes
- 1 cup white Beans (soaked for 12 hours)
- 1 cup Carrots diced
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- a bit Parsley chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- At first cook the beans in 3 cups of water for about 1 hour.
- Puree the Tomatoes with a blender.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil and fry the Onions for 4 minutes on low heat .
- Add Garlic and fry 2 more minutes.
- Add Carrots and Celery, mix well and fry for 7-8 minutes.
- Add Beans with Liquid, 1 cup Water, Salt, Pepper and Tomato Puree, mix and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for 20-30 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Optional: Serve with some chopped Parsley.
Author: The International Vegan