Indian Recipe: Aloo Bean
A very simple Indian dish. The Potatoes and green Beans are cooked in a full-flavoured Tomato Sauce with Cumin and other spices. Best served with some Indian bread .
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Potatoes cut
- 2 cups green Beans cut
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Cumin Seeds for 3 minutes on a low flame
- Add Onions and fry 2 more minutes
- Add Garlic and Ginger and fry 1 more minute
- Add Coriander, Chili and Turmeric Powder and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the Tomatoes, mix well and fry for 5-6 minutes. Oil should leave the sides.
- Add Potatoes, 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp Salt, mix well and cook for 5 minmutes.
- Add Beans and lit it simmer covered for about 20 minutes until the Potatoes are tender.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 18. January 2016