Indian Recipe: Aloo Gobi
This delicious Indian dish comes in many different variations and includes Potatoes and Cauliflower. Its probably my most cooked Indian dish. This here is my favorite Aloo Gobi Recipe. Its simple, fast and tastes awesome.
- 1 1/2 cups Potatoes cut
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur (Mango powder)
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Put tomato, onion, ginger and garlic into a blender and grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil on a medium flame and fry the paste for about 3 minutes.
- Add Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric and Chili Powder, mix and fry for about 2 minutes. Until the Oil is leaving the sides.
- Add Cauliflower and Potatoes, mix well and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt, mix and let it simmer covered for about 15 minutes until the Potatoes are tender.
- At last add Amchur and Garam Masala and mix well.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 15. January 2016