Indian Recipe: Baingan Aloo
Potatoes and Eggplant in a spicy Tomato-Onion Paste. This Indian dish is also one of my favorites. Its a simple vegetable Recipe but a absolute fantastic flavor. Serve with some Indian Bread.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Eggplant cut
- 2 cups Potatoes cut
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1-2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- Put Onions, Tomatoes, Ginger and Garlic into a blender and grind into a Paste
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Cumin Seeds for 3 minutes on a low flame
- Add the Paste, Coriander, Chili and Turmeric Powder, mix well and fry for about 5 minutes. Paste changes color.
- Add Potatoes, Salt and about 3/4 cup Water, mix well and let it simmer
covered until the Potatoes are tender.For about 15 minutes
- Add Potatoes, 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp Salt, mix well and cook for 5 minmutes.
- Add the Eggplants, mix and let it simmer covered for 7-10 minutes
until the Eggplants are tender.
- Add Garam Masala, mix well and turn off the heat.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 22. January 2016