Indian Recipe: Shimla Mirch Masala
Fried Bell Pepper in spicy Peanut-Sesame-Coconut Sauce. A wonderful and simple Indian Recipe.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 200g Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-2 dried Chili (seeded)
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp roasted Peanuts (30g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Roast the Coconut Flakes, Sesame and Coriander Seeds for 3-4 minutes on low to medium heat and put aside
- Heat 1- 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Onion for 6 minutes
on low heat.
- Add Ginger, Garlic and Chili and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Put the Roasted Seeds, Flakes, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Chili, the Peanuts and 100 ml into a Blender and grind them into a Paste. Put aside.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp Oil and fry the Cumin for 2-3 minuteson medium heat.
- Add the Bell Pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Chili and Turmeric and mix well.
- Add the Paste, Salt and a tiny bit of Water, mix well and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Author: The International Vegan