Indian Recipe: Moong Dhokla
This is a delicious Indian Dhokla made with whole green Mung Beans. Its easy to make, nutritious and rich in proteins. A very healthy snack which is best eaten with a chutney/dip.
- 1 cup green Mung Beans (soaked for 10 hours)
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1-2 green Chili chopped
- 1 tsp Eno Fruit Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame roasted
- 1 handful Mint or Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Put Mung Beans, Coriander, Ginger and Chili into a Blender and grind into a paste.
- Add Lemon Juice, Salt and Oil to the Paste
- Meanwhile bring water in a Steamer to boil.
- As soon as the water is boiling, add the Eno to the paste, mix well and pour it into a greased cake pan.
- Put the Pan with the paste immediately into the steamer and steam for 12-15 minutes. Remove the Dhokla from the Pan and put it on a Plate when its finished.
- For the Tempering: Heat 2 tbsp Oil on a low flame and fry the Cumin and Mustard Seeds for about 4-5 minutes
- Then Add Mint/Curry Leaves and Sesame, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Pour the Tempering over the Dhokla and cut it into smaller pieces before serving.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 20. December 2014