Indian Recipe: Shakarkand Curry
A very delicious and easy Indian Sweet Potato Curry. Not too spicy and very nice sweet taste. Perfect with some Bread.
Preperation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 green Chili chopped
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes peeled and sliced (put in 1 cup Water)
- a few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (black)
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Put Tomatoes, Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Chili into a Blender and grind into a Paste. Then put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Mustard Seeds and Curry Leaves for 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add Chili, Turmeric, Coriander Powder and then the Paste, mix well and fry for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add Sweet Potatoes with Water and Salt, mix well and let it simmer covered for about 25 minutes until the Potatoes are tender
- At last add Garam Masala, mix well and turn off the heat.
Author: The International Vegan