Indian Recipe: Fulao
A very simple Indian Rice Dish. Yellow Curry Basmati with sweet Raisins. Everything is cooked in just one pot and it doesnt take much time.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice (soaked for 30 min)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 small Carrot cut small
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Boil the Lentils in enough Water for 15 minutes.
Then drain and put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the Garlic fry 1 more minute.
- Add Spices and Rice and mix very well.
- Add 2 cups Water, Carrots, Raisins and Salt and mix well.
- Let it simmer covered until the Rice is tender
for about 10 minutes
Author: The International Vegan