Japanese Recipe:Ramen Kare
A very easy and quick Japanese vegetable Curry Soup with Noodles. You can use Udon, Ramen or and other asian wheat noodles.
Preperation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup Carrots diced
- 1/2 cup Potatoes diced
- 200g Jap. Wheat Noodles prepared (Ramen/Udon)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3+1 tbsp Oil
- 3 cups Broth
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Flour for 5 minutes on low heat until brown
- Add 2 tbsp Curry Powder, mix well and fry for 1 more minute. Put the paste aside.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 3 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and fry 1 minute
- Add Potatoes and Carrots and fry 1 more minute.
- Add 3 cups Broth, Soy Sauce and Sugar, mix well and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for 10 minutes
- Add the Curry Paste, mix well and let it simmer a few more minutes.
- Serve with already prepared Ramen or Udon Noodles.
Author: The International Vegan