Persian Recipe: Khoresht Bamieh
A wonderful Persian stew. Potatoes and Okra in a delicious Tamato Sauce. Best served with Rice
Preperation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
Total: 65 minutes
- 500g Okra (ends cut)
- 300g Potatoes cut
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Put the Tomatoes into a Blender and grind them into a paste
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Onions and Bay Leaves for 3 minutes
on low to medium heat.
- Add the Garlic and fry 1 minute.
- Add Turmeric and Chili and fry 30 seconds.
- Add the Tomato Puree and fry for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add 2 cups Water, Tomato Paste and Salt and mix well.
- Add Okra and Potatoes and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for about 20 minutes until the Vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the Lime Juice.
Author: The International Vegan