Thai Recipe: Massaman Curry
The Thai Massaman Curry is known as one of the most delicious dishes in the world. This flavorful Curry is translated to “Muslim Curry” and has its origin in the Persian kitchen. Its a relative mild and aromatic Curry with many spices. In this Recipes you can use a bit of pineapple. It gives the dish a new touch and flavor but it tastes great with and without. Serve it with some rice.
- 2 cups Potatos diced
- 1 small Carrot diced
- 2-3 tbsp Massaman Curry Paste (Recipe)
- 1 Onion cut
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 small Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 4 tbsp Tamarind Concentrat
- 1 cup Pineapple diced (optional)
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- 250 ml Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp (Palm) Sugar
- 4 tbsp roasted Peanuts
- 3 tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Curry Paste on a low-medium flame for about 3 minutes
- Add half of the Coconut Cream, mix well and let it simmer for about 3 minutes
- Add Coconut Milk, Carrots, Potatoes, Onion, Tamarind, Sugar, Cinnamon, Bay Leave, Cardamom, Peanuts, Soy Sauce and Pineapple, mix well and simmer for about 20 minutes until th Potatoes are tender.
- At last add the second half of the Coconut Cream.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 16. January 2016