Thai Recipe: Red Curry
The famous Red Curry is called “Kaeng Phet” in Thai and means spicy soup. That is exactly what you get. I love all the Thai Curries because they are so simple to prepare and taste so delicious. The Curry paste is fried in oil and then the Coconut Milk, vegetables and Tofu are added. This spicy soup is best eaten with Rice.
- 1-2 cups Eggplant cut
- 1 cup green Long Beans cut cut
- 150g Tofu diced
- 2-3 tbsp red Curry Paste
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 tbsp (Palm) Sugar
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Sauce (Golden Mountain)
- 4 tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Stock (Mushroom)
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Curry Paste for about 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add Eggplant and Beans, mix well and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk, Sugar, Lime Leaves, Tofu, Seasoning and Soy Sauce, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
Author: The International Vegan