Chinese Recipe:Yu Xiang Qie Zi
A super easy Eggplant Recipe from China. Fried asian eggplant in a hot garlic sauce. Its also called fish flagrant Eggplant because it uses the same sauce that is usually used with fish in Sichuan Cooking. A hot, sweet and sour Garlic Sauce with Scallions, Ginger and Chili. Serve with some rice or as a side dish.
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 2 long asian Eggplants cut into strips with the skin
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1-2 Chili chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1-2 tbsp green Onion
- 1 tbsp Chili Bean Paste (Lao Gan Ma)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Starch
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp black Chinese Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine (Shaoxing)
- 3 + 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Water
- For the Sauce: Mix 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp black Vinegar, 1 tbsp Rice Wine, 1 tbsp Water, 1 tsp Sugar and 1 tsp Starch an put aside
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Eggplants until they are soft and tender. For about 6-10 minutes on medium heat. Put them aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil and fry Garlic, Chili, Ginger and green Onion on medium to high heat for about 1 minute.
- Add Chili-Bean Paste and fry 1 more minute.
- Add the Eggplants and the Sauce (stir again), mix well and fry 1 last minute
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 17. January 2016