Chinese Recipe: Douchi Doufu
A very simple and quick Chinese Recipe. Fried Tofu and green Beans in a sweet and salty Black Bean Garlic Sauce.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 300g Tofu diced
- 1 cup green Beans cut
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Starch (Tapioca)
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Fry the Tofu Cubes in 1-2 tbsp Oil on high heat until they are a slightly brown. Do not fry them very long and put them aside.
- Mix 1 tbsp Rice Wine, 1 tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp Vinegar, 2 tbsp Water, 1 tsp Sugar and 1/2 tsp Starch.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Garlic for 10 Seconds on high heat
- Add the green Beans and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until they are tender.
- Turn down the heat and add Tofu, Black Beans, Chili Powder and the Sauce. Mix well and fry for 1 more minute. (Mix the Sauce again before adding it)
Author: The International Vegan