Filipino Recipe: Ginataang Kalabasa
This is a delicious and easy Filipino recipe. Squash and green Beans cooked in Coconut Milk. It has a nice sweet taste and fits perfectly to some rice or noodles.
Preperation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 2 cups Kabocha Squash diced
- 1 1/2 cups green Beans cut
- 2 Chili
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass cut
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Broth
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Heat 1-2 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 3 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and fry 1-2 more minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk, Lemongrass and Chili and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup Broth, Salt and Squash, mix well and let it
simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Add Green Beans and let it simmer for about 6-7 more minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Author: The International Vegan