Filipino Recipe: Adobong Gulay
Adobo is probably the most known Filipino dish. Vegetables are cooked in mix of Vinegar and Soy Sauce. Best served with Rice.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Potatoes diced
- 2 cups Eggplant diced
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp whole black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (filipino)
- 1/4 cup Vinegar (Cane)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (Powder)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Mix Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Sugar and Pepper (Powder) and put aside
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry Bay Leaves and whole Pepper for 3-5 minutes on low to medium heat
- Add Onions and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add Garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mixed Sauce, Eggplant and Potatoes and mix well.
- Add about 1/2 cup Water and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for about 30 minutes until the Potatoes are tender.
Author: The International Vegan