German Recipe: Erbseneintopf
A very simple and protein rich German Pea Stew. So delicious and perfect for cold winter days. Best served with some good German bread.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 70 minutes
Total: 80 minutes
- 250g Split Peas (Yellow or Green)
- 3 Potatoes peeled and diced (300g)
- 1 large Carrot diced
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 500ml Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 6 minutes on low to medium heat
- Add Marjoram, Peas and 500 ml Water, bring to boil and let it simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add Potatoes, Carrots, 500 ml Broth and Salt, mix and simmer again covered for 30 minutes.
- Add Pepper and stir while simmering for 5 to 10 minutes until the stew is nice and creamy.
Author: The International Vegan