Greek Recipe: Lahano Katsarolas
A delicious Greek cabbage soup with dill, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes. The vegetables and herbs are slowly fried on a low heat and then simmered in water or stock. Serve with Bread
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- 1/2 Cabbage chopped
- 2 Potatoes diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp Dill chopped
- 1 tbsp Thyme dry
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 L Water or Stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat 6 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 2-3 minutes on alow flame.
- Add the Garlic and fry another minute.
- Add Dill and Thyme and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add Carrots, mix well and fry another 3 minutes.-
- Add Potatoes, mix well and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Cabbage, mix well again and fry for 10 minutes.
- A 2 liter Water, Tomatoes and Salt, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.-
- Add Pepper and Lemon Juice.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 17. January 2016