Greek Recipe: Fakes
This hearty and delicious Lentil soup is Greek national dish. Its very easy to prepare and perfect for the autumn and winter months. Best served with some bread.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 250g Lentils
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Carrot diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Majoram
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 L Water
- Boil the Lentils in enough Water for 15 minutes.
Then drain and put aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp Olive Oil and fry Onion and Bay Leaves for 4 minutes on low heat.
- Add the Garlic and fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Carrots and fry 1 more minute.
- Add Lentils, 1 liter Water, Majoram and Salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes until the Lentils are tender.
- At last add Tomato Paste, Pepper and Vinegar and mix well.
Author: The International Vegan