Indian Recipe: Chana Masala
This Chana Masala is tasty and easy indian chickpea curry. The Chickpeas are cook in a hot and aromatic tomato paste. Best served with some Rice.
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 70 minutes
Total: 85 minutes
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked for at least 8 hours)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 3 dried red Chili (soaked for 10 min)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor (Mango Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 handful Coriander Leaves
- 2 green Chili split
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- At first boil the Chickpeas until they are soft and tender. Then drain and put aside
- Put Tomatoes, red Chili, Garlic, Ginger and Coriander Seeds into a Blender and grind into a paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Tomato Paste on low heat for 6-7 minutes
- Add green Chili, Coriander Powder and Amchoor and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup Water, Salt and Chickpeas, mix well and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- At last add Garam Masala and the Coriander Leaves
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 24. December 2015