Indian Recipe: Masoor Dal Tadka
This a spicy Dal Tadke Recipe with red Lentils. They are called Masoor in India. The Tadka means that spices are fried in Oil and then poured into the already prepared lentils. A really delicious Dal Recipe.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 1 cup red lentils (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1-2 green Chili split
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1,2 L Water
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1-2 red Chili seeded
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi (fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Boil 1,2 L Water with the Lentils, Tomatoes, Ginger, Onion, Turmeric and green Chili for about 30 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Mash the Lentils a bit, add Lemon Juice, Garam Masala, Coriander and Salt and put the Dal aside.
- For the Tempering: Heat 2 tbsp Oil on a low flame and fry the Cumin Seeds for 3 minutes.
- Add Garlic and red Chili and fry for 2 more minutes until thy are slightly brown
- Add Kasuri Methi and Chili Powder, mix and turn off the heat
- Pour it immediately into the Dal
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 21. December 2015