Indian Recipe: Aloo Masoor Dal
A nice an easy Indian Dal Recipe. Spicy Potatoes in a protein rich red Lentil and Lemon Sauce.
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Total: 60 minutes
- 150g red Lentils
- 500g Potatoes
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-2 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3-4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Boil the Lentils in 450 ml Water for 15 minutes until they are very soft.
- Stir until the Lentils fall apart and you get a creamy sauce. Put it aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Cumin Seeds for 2-3 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add Onion and Ginger and fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the Spice Powders and 1 tsp Salt and mix very well.
- Add the Potatoes, mix well and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 150 ml Water, mix well and bring to boil.
Let it simmer covered for 15 minutes until the Potatoes are tender.
- Add the Lentil Sauce and mix well.
- At last add the Lemon Juice and mix well.
Author: The International Vegan