Indonesian Recipe: Rendang Cubadak
This is a vegetarian Recipe for Indonesian Rendang Curry. Instead of meat I use unripe green Jackfruit, which is really chewy and has a meat like texture. This dish is very delicious and is best eaten with Rice.
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 70 minutes
Total: 85 minutes
- 500g green Jackfruit
- 1 Star Anise
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Oil
For the Paste:
- 4 Shallots chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass chopped (tender part)
- 3 red Chili chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Put Shallots, Ginger, Lemongrass, Chili, Garlic and if necessary a bit Water into a Blender and grind them into a Paste.
Then Add Turmeric and Coriander and mix well.
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry Cloves, Star Anise and the Paste for 7 minutes on low heat
- Add Coconut Milk, Jackfruit, Lemongrass Stalks, Sugar and Salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for at least 1 hour until most of the liquid is gone and the Jackfruit is tender.
Author: The International Vegan