Indonesian Recipe: Nasi Goreng
Nasing Goreng means nothing more than “fried Rice ” and is a Indonesian national dish. The already cooked Rice is stir-fried with vegetables in a sweet and hot chili Paste. For the Paste you need the large and not so hot Asian variety and Rice is best if you use some from the day before. This Recipe is very simple and tasty.
- 1 cup Rice cooked and cold (best from the day before/about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup Carrots diced small
- 1/2 cup green Beans cut small
- 3/4 cup Celery chopped
- 100-150g Tofu cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp Black Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil + for frying
- 3 large red Chili chopped
- 3-4 Shallots chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4-5 Cashew Nuts (soaked for 30 min)
- 1 Tomato chopped
- Put Chili, Shallots, Garlic, Cashews and Tomato in a Blender and grind into a Paste.
- Fry the small Tofu cubes in enough Oil until they are golden brown and put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Paste on medium flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add Beans and Carrots, mix and fry for 3 minutes
- Add the Celery, mix and fry another minutes
- Add Rice and Sweet Soy Sauce and mix well. The Rice should be relatively loose and not sticking together.
- Add the Tofu, mix well and fry another minute.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 08. January 2015