Malaysian Recipe: Laksa
The Laksa is a national dish of Malaysia. There are different varieties and this is a simple vegetarian curry version. Rice Noodles in a spicy coconut milk curry soup and served with herbs and beansprouts. A very flavorful and tasty complete meal. For the paste use the large Asian chili that are often found in Malaysian and Indonesian cooking. They are not too hot and have a great taste. If you cant find all the ingredients for the paste, you can also buy already prepared ones.
Preperation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 200 g Rice Noodles (prepared)
- 200 g Tofu diced
- 3 cups Beansprouts
- 1 cup Coriander
- 1 cup Mint
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 250 ml Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 800 ml Stock (Mushroom)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass chopped
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Root (or 1/2 tsp Powder)
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 handful Cashews (soaked for 30 min)
- 1-2 dried Chili (soaked for 10 min)
- 5 large Chili chopped
- Put Onion, Lemongrass, Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic, Cashews and Chili into a Blender and grind into a paste. For the large Chili use the big not so hot asian variety.
- Fry the Tofu and put aside. You can deep or shallow fry.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Paste for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add Coconut Milk, Mushroom Stock and Soy Sauce, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the Tofu and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the Lime Juice and and turn off the heat
- Mix Beansprouts, Coriander and Mint and serve with Soup and Noodles.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 13. January 2016