Indonesian Recipe: Pumkin Curry
A very flavorful Pumpkin Curry, which is influenced by Indian Cooking. Just perfect to make if you have some Pumpkin leftovers. This is a easy and nutritional side dish or it can also be eaten with just Rice or Bread.
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 4-5 cups Kabocha Pumpkin diced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Black)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder (Indian)
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Mustard Seeds for 1 minute on a medium – high flame
- Add the Curry Leave and fry again for 1 minute
- Add the Onions and fry for about 2 minutes until they turn slightly brown.
- Add Garlic and Ginger and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add Chili. Turmeric and Curry Powder, mix well and fry for about 30 seconds
- Add the diced Pumpkin, mix well and fry for a short time.
- Then add 1 1/4 cup Water and Salt, mix and bring to boil. Let it simmer on low heat until the pumkin is nice and tender. For about 25 minutes
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 09. January 2015