Moroccan Recipe: Harira
A rich and flavorful Moroccan Lentil Soup. This Harira comes with red Lentils, Carrots and Celery in a thick Tomato Soup. Just Delicious and simple.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- 250g red Lentils
- 3 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 500ml Tomato Puree Passata
- 2 tsp Paprika Powder Sweet
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ltr light Broth or Water
- some Parsley chopped(optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat 2-3 tbsp Oil and fry the Onions for 5 minutes
on low to medium heat
- Add Ginger and Garlic and fry 2 more minutes.
- Add Carrots and Celery and fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Spices and mix well.
- Add Tomato Passata, Lentils, Broth/Water and 1 tsp Salt,
mix well very well and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with Parsley and/or Chickpeas.
Author: The International Vegan