Thai Recipe: Pad Ma Kuer Yao
This is a very easy Thai Eggplant stir fry with fermented yellow bean paste and Thai Basil. This spicy and salty dish doesnt take much time to make and fits perfectly to some rice.
Preperation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
- 2-3 cups Eggplant cut
- 1-2 red Chili chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 handful Thai Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Starch + 1/2 cup Water
- 1-2 tbsp yellow Soybean Paste
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Sauce or Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Heat 4 tbsp Oil and fry the Eggplant for 3 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Move the Eggplants a bit to the side. Add Garlic and Chili and fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add Soybean Paste and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup Water mixed with 1/2 tsp Starch and Seasoning Sauce,
mix well and let it simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add Basil, mix and turn off the heat.
Author: The International Vegan