Thai Recipe: Khao Pad Sapparot
A very fast and easy fried Rice Recipe with Pineapple. Khao Pad Sapparot is a very simple but delicious thai dish. The Rice is fried with yellow curry powder and then pineapple and fried tofu are added. It is best to use cold Rice from the day before or at least put it in the fridge for about 2 hours. With the Rice already ready, this dish is made in no time.
Preperation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 cup Rice (cooked and cold, best from the day before, about 3 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup Carrots julienned
- 100-150g Tofu fried and diced (small)
- 1 cup Pineapple diced (small)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Sauce (Golden Mountain)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil and fry the Onion for about 2 minutes on medium-high flame
- Add Garlic and fry 30 more seconds.
- Add Curry Powder and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the Rice and stir-fry for another minute.
The Rice should not stick to each other. Best to crumble it a bit before adding.
- Add Pineapple, Tofu, Soy and Seasoning Sauce, mix and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 15. January 2016