Thai Recipe: Kha Nam Kui Gai
This is a delicious and healthy thai snack. A steamed cake made of Garlic chives and Rice Flour. This street food is usually served with a sweet and salty sauce and you can optional also fry the cut cake pieces.
- 1 cup Garlic Chives chopped
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 200 ml Water
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Chili chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Heat 1-2 tbsp Oil and fry the Garlic for 1 minute on low heat.
- Add Chives, mix and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add 1 tsp Salt and 1/4 tsp Baking Soda, fry 1 more minute and put aside.
- Mix Rice Flour, Starch and 200 ml Water until smooth.
- Add the fried Garlic Chives and mix well
- Pour the Batter into a greased Pan and steam it for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit, remove from pan , cut and optional fry them in a bit of oil.
- For the Sauce: Bring Water, sweet Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Sugar and Salt to boil.Then Add the Chili and remove from heat
Author: The International Vegan