Thai Recipe: Yen Ta Four
This is a very flavorful Thai Noodle Soup with Radish and fried Tofu. It gets his red color and special taste from Chinese red fermented Tofu. This Tofu has a very strong smell and taste and is fermented with Red Yeast Rice. Very delicious, not just in this soup.
I used dried Rice Noodles but who likes it more authentic can also use fresh wide Rice Noddles. This soup is also very easy to prepare .
- 7-10 Shiitake Mushroom dried
- 2-3 Coriander Roots
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup white Radish sliced
- 100g fried Tofu diced
- a few red fermented Tofu + 5 tbsp Liquid
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1.2 L Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Bring 1,2 L Water with Radish, Mushroom, Coriander, Anise, Cinnamon, Shallots and Garlic to boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Mushroom and put aside. Add Sugar and Soy Sauce to the Soup.
- Remove the stems of the mushroom and slice them.
- Mash the red Tofu in the Liquid with a fork and add Vinegar, Oyster and Mushroom Sauce.
- Put some Noodles, Mushroom, Red Tofu Sauce and Soup into a bowl,
mix well and serve with fried Tofu.
Author: The International Vegan