Thai Recipe: Fried Soy Chunks in Red Curry Paste
Bproh Dteen Ga-Sayt Pat Prik is a sweet and hot snack from Thailand. They are made with fried Soy Chunks and Red Curry Paste and are perfect for people who like it spicy. The snack is made quickly and full of protein. They can be eaten with some rice or pure.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
- 100g small Soy Chunks (TVP)
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 large red Chili cut into Stripes
- 8 Kafir Lime Leaves cut into Stripes
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Palm Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Oil for frying
- Fry the Soy Chunks in enough Oil for a short time until they get brown. Happens very quickly and don’t soak the Soy Chunks in water.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil in a pan or wok and fry the Curry Paste on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the Chili and Lime Leave stripes, mix well and fry them for 2 more minutes.
- Then add the Sesame Seeds, Soy Sauce and Palm Sugar and mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- At last add the fried Soy Chunks and mix until they are evenly coated.
Author: The International Vegan
Date: 14. Dezember 2014