Thai Recipe: Khao Soi
The famous Curry Noodle Soup from the city Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand
Preperation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 250g Chinese Yellow Noodle without Egg
- 2 dried red Chili (soaked for 30 min)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Shallots
- 1 tbsp Ginger sliced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Root
- 1 tsp Coriander Stalks/Roots chopped
- 150g Tofu diced
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Thai Cardamom
- 1 tsp (Palm) Sugar
- 1 tsp Yellow Soybean Paste
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Broth(Mushroom)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Roast Shallots and Ginger in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Put Chili, Garlic, Coriander, Turmeric, Shallots, Ginger and a bit
of Water into a Blender and grind into a paste. .
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil and fry the Paste for 2 minutes on low-medium heat
- Add Curry Powder and Cardamom and fry 3 more minutes.
- Add the Tofu, mix well and fry 1 more minute
- Add Coconut Milk, Sugar, Soybean Paste and Soy Sauce, mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup Broth, mix well and let it simmer for 3 more minutes
- Put the Noodles into boiling Water and boil until they are tender. (The Noodles I used: 5 minutes)
- Serve Noodles with the Curry Soup and optional fry a few noodles for garnish.
Author: The International Vegan