Vietnamese Recipe: Bun Xao Rau Cu
A very simple Vietnamese Noodle Recipe with red cabbage, Bell Pepper and Carrots. The Rice Noodles and Vegetables are both stir-fried in Garlic Oil and then combined. The perfect meal, when you haven’t much time to cook. Tip: Soak the Noodles for just 5 minutes and only in warm water before you fry them.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 2 cups red Cabbage julienned
- 1 small Carrot julienned
- 1 Bell Pepper julienned
- 150g Rice Noodles (soaked only 5 minutes)
- 5 Wood Ear Mushroom julienned (optional)
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Heat 1 tbsp Oil and fry half of the Garlic for 1 minute
on medium heat
- Add Noodles and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Separate the Noodles a bit and put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil on a high flame and fry the second half of the Garlic for about 30 seconds
- Add Vegetables and Mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add Soy and Oyster Sauce and mix
- Add the Noodles and turn down the heat.
Mix well and stir for about 1-2 minutes.
Author: The International Vegan